So I have been nominated recently for a couple Leibster Awards and a couple One Lovely Blog Awards, but I’ve been really negligent and haven’t written out the post for them. I know several other people have nominated me over the last several months. I don’t think I’ve actually accepted an award since April? With that in mind, today I am going to accept the three recent awards given to me in the month of November.
Thank you Rose from How Do You Say Taco in Spanish? and Alex from The Art of Not Sitting Still for nominating me for a Leibster Award. And thank you Shannon from Diagnosing Wanderlust and Cari from Cari Aiekn Art for nominating me for the One Lovely Blog Award. I’m so honored that y’all and so many other people find my blog interesting enough to keep reading it and to further nominate it for stuff.
Instead of writing a whole bunch of random facts about myself, I’m going to answer all of the questions posted to me by Rose and Alex from the Leibster Awards and then give 14 random facts about myself as a combo for the One Lovely Blog Awards. Then at the end, I will pose some normal questions for the next people I nominate to answer. From there, if the people I nominate want to claim the Leibster Award OR the One Lovely Blog Award they are more than welcome to. OR!! Claim both! All of the people I nominate will be more than deserving of BOTH awards. Acceptance is totally optional, but I highly support the decision to do so. 🙂
Hope y’all enjoy and thank you again for such wonderful nominations! 😀
Questions for the Leibster Award:
1. Coffee or tea?
Coffee. Some milk and a lot of sugar.
2. What makes you feel welcomed in someone else’s home?
When I can walk into someone’s kitchen, open the pantry, take out a bag of chips, and eat away. Haha! I only would do that to my close friends and family. Don’t worry haha
3. If you were to choose between being a bestselling author or the star of a famous movie, which would you choose and why?
Bestselling Author! All day, everyday. Because maybe then your book would be turned into a movie, and that’s an all new fame in itself!
Spiders. They are the worst. I’ve got some horrifying spider stories.
5. What have you accomplished this week that you are proud of?
This week? Well, as I write this, it is Wednesday night. But Friday (the day this post will go live) is the day after Thanksgiving. So I’m going to go ahead and say that I survived Thanksgiving. Although, we all know I’m gonna slip into a food coma around 3pm. Haha
6. You’re in a dark forest. Out of the trees something, or someone, emerges. Who or what is it?
Oh it’s Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox. Anyone been to the Redwood Forrest and seen the GIANT Paul and Babe?!
7. Which element do you identify the most with?
Gold because its symbol is Au. When I was a kid in school learning the elements, I always remembered Gold’s atomic symbol because Auburn University was the number one team in my book, and Gold is always first place. Get it? Auburn University? Au? 😉
8. If you had to give a superpower to your worst enemy, what would it be?
The ability to speak to animals. I guess? Haha I don’t know.
9. If you could live in another time period, what would it be?
I would actually go to the Middle Ages. People think I’m nuts when I say that, but I totally would!
10. If you could live to be 200, but had to outlive all of your friends and family, would you do it?
As long as I could keep healthy and keep traveling the world, I think I could do it. But if I had to just stay in the same town and really watch everyone go… No I wouldn’t do that.
11. Are there any natural abilities that you don’t have but wish you did? And if so, what are they?
I really wish I could run faster. My legs are so short haha My stride is so short too.
1) Favorite Airline? I love planes and everything about them so this is important!
Ooo! Tough one! I’m gonna have to go with Norwegian. It’s fantastic!
2) Best travel novel you’ve ever read and why?
It’s not a travel novel, but it’s an Expat novel. Single in the City by Michele Gorman. It’s about an American girl who moves to London after troubles at home. It follows her year in London and all of the crazy things she gets herself into. I read the book while I was in my year away in Ireland. I went through SEVERAL of the same situations she did. It’s laugh out loud funny. All expats should check it out!
3) Best travel quote that you’ve HEARD! Not read. If you haven’t heard any good ones, come up with your own!
Travel because you need to not just because you want to. – Me right now. I dunno haha
4) Favorite meal from around the world?
Flying Jacob. Matilda’s mom’s recipe. Sweden.
5) Of all the places you’ve been, where would you most want to go back?
Ireland. I’m always looking for flights back to Dublin.
6) You’re sitting on a beach reading a novel with a drink in your hand. What is the drink?
Depends on who I’m at the beach with. If I’m with my family, it’ll be diet coke or water. If I’m with my friends, it’s probably Jameson and Cranberry 😀
7) Worst travel experience?
Couch surfing in Oslo….
8) Best travel experience! Either a moment or a trip overall.
Road tripping Ireland. Ryan and I hopped in a car and just figured it out. It was great!
9) Why do you travel?
Because I love it. I love getting lost in other cultures and learning about them. It’s the best way to discover yourself too.
10) If you could be anywhere else right now, where would you be?
I would be in my old apartment in Ireland watching Netflix and eating takeout Chinese.
14 Random Facts About Me (7 for each nomination):
1. I am right-handed.
2. I have a BCS National Championship ring from when Auburn won the championship in 2010. I was a manager for the football team.
3. Horror films scare me. I mean, all of them. I hate the anticipation and suspense and then the frights and the gore. No bueno.
4. John Wayne is my favorite actor who is dead and Natalie Portman is my favorite actress that is alive.
5. I wouldn’t remember most birthdays if Facebook didn’t remind me of them.
6. My favorite color is sunset orange.
7. I’m named after my grandfather. His name is Morgan V. Cantrell. I am Morgan B. Cantrell.
8. Diet Coke is my favorite soft drink.
9. Chocolate-chip cookie dough is my favorite ice cream.
10. I’m allergic to guinea pigs. Haha
11. I am deathly afraid of heights.
12. My favorite hymn is Come Thou Fount. And one day, whenever I decide to settle down and get married, I will walk down the aisle to that song.
13. I’m currently reading the Hunger Games series for the 4th time.
14. Nothing makes me happier than a good massage.
11 Questions to Answer:
1. What is your middle name?
2. What was your last dream about that you remember?
3. Tell us about your earliest school memory.
4. Morning or night person?
5. If you had to live on an alien planet forever, would you want to do it?
6. What is one of your life goals?
7. How many countries have you visited?/
8. What was the worst smell you have every smelt?
9. Who is/was the most influential person in your life?
10. Cat or dog person?
11. Why did you start blogging?
And the Nominees AARREEEEEEEEEE:
The Great Escape
Jocie with a Side of Swede
Go Forth, Explorer
My Rambling Twenties
Bon Voyage Brigid
Bri in NYC
Packing My Suitcase
The Mauritian Geographer
I Follow Islands
Well I hope y’all learned some new stuff about me from this super long post. 😉
Thank you again to Rose, Alex, Shannon, and Cari for nominating me for the Leibster and One Lovely Blog awards. Y’all are incredibly kind. Those of you that I have nominated, feel free to accept the nomination if you would like.
Peace, Love, and Travel