Ahh!!! An American Girl in Asia AND The Travelling Wordsmith have nominated me for the Liebster Award. I cannot believe that someone out there thinks my blog is cool enough for any kind of recognition. Y’all’ve made my day! REALLY! I was sitting at work playing on the interweb when I go read my comments to find that two people have nominated me in the same day! I’ve had a pretty crappy day, but y’all have made it wonderful! Thank you so so much!
Now, y’all should know that this is not a real award hootnanny thing, but more a chance of recognition for new blogs. Share the love if you will! There are some rules.
The rules are as follows:
-Thank the blogger who gives it.
-Answer the 11 questions she/he asks.
-Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 500 followers
-Ask these 11 bloggers 11 questions.
-Let them know you have nominated them.
I’m going to answer BOTH sets of questions but still only nominate 11 new bloggers. I LOVE answering questions so this’ll be fun!
You’re about to learn a lot about me, so be prepared! Here we go! 🙂
These are the questions from An American Girl in Asia
1. What do you enjoy about blogging?
I really like being able to share my stories with friends and family back home. I can’t talk to everyone everyday, but they can always come click around my blog and have a look at what I’m up to. I also just like writing. I’m not very good at it, but that doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy it. Plus, practice makes perfect right!? 😉
2. What is your favorite topic to blog about?
I LOVE to write about the awkward things that happen to me. I like to remind people that they aren’t the only ones that have bad days or weird things happen to them. Plus, if you are having a bad day, maybe the weird situations I get myself into can help make another person laugh and brighten their day a little. It’s all about y’all out there!!
3. If your life were a movie, what actor or actress would play you?
Shailene Woodley. She’s awesome.
4. If you could have dinner with any celebrity, alive or dead, who would it be?
John Wayne. Sexy. Bad ass. Cowboy.
5. If you could live in any decade, when would you live?
I can only pick ONE!? Well, if we are talking 20th century, I would have to say the Roaring 20s (pre stock market crash of course). Who doesn’t love flapper dresses, sassy make-up, and secret boozing? Oh! And silent movies and the Charleston?! Life would be AMAZING!
6. Who is your favorite superhero?
Thor. Purely because he is hot.
7. What are your top 3 hobbies or interests?
Reading, Writing, Traveling
Shopping, Eating, Sleeping
People watching, movie going, couch surfing
8. What color would describe you and why?
Orange. My university’s colors were Orange and Blue. My favorite color is Sunset Orange. And it’s a bright color just like me! 🙂
9. What country other than your own would you choose to live in?
I grew up in the States and have lived in Scotland and am currently living in Ireland and have plans to live in Australia next year. So those are out. HAHA! BUT! If I could pick any place on earth to spend the rest of my days happily, it would have to be somewhere with mountains. I am a mountain girl. The giant peaks, low valleys, ebb and flow of the rivers, rise and fall of the earth call to me. Swiss Alps, Patagonia, Lyngen Alps. Look for me there.
10. What is your favorite holiday and why?
4th of July – Yeah America!! 364 days of the year, Americans are split between democrats and republicans, left and right. It’s a sticky situation where everyone yells at the other calling them anti-American or wrong or stupid. But on that 1 day out of the year, we can all step back from labels and just be Americans. It’s beautiful.
11. If you could only eat at one restaurant for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Anything that serves Mexican. I love cheese.
These are the questions from The Travelling Wordsmith
1. What was the inspiration behind your blog title?
I played with several different things over the course of a few months before I settled with Travel Morgan Travel. It’s supposed to be read as if a command. Like I am telling myself to travel, telling myself to get out there and see the world.
2. What is your favourite book, and why?
It’s called Can You Keep a Secret? by Sohpie Kinsella. It’s a goofy chickflick comedy set in London. I’ve read it 1,000 times but crack up every time and always melt at the end when…. I can’t give away the ending now can I?!
3. Name the happiest moment of your life so far…
It was when I was a senior in high school and I got my acceptance letter to Auburn University. I cried tears of joy. And by cried, I mean wailing, laughing, coughing, sputtering, crying tears of joy.
4. How many times have you watched your favorite movie, and what is it?
I cannot answer this. I watch a lot of movies. I speak in movie quotes and constantly am waiting on the next thing to come out in theaters. I can give you a Top 5 ish. But these are my Top 5 in this moment. Ask me again tomorrow and it will change.
A Bugs Life – Because it’s one of the darker Pixar’s.
Office Space – Dry humor and sarcasm = love. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta.
Elf – I watch this movie 12 months out of the year, not just Christmas time.
Love Comes Softly – Hallmark Channel classic. Weepy feel good movie.
Easy A – I’ve watched this one at least once a week since I’ve been in Ireland. I love the literary analysis in it. Nerd Alert!
5. If you had a choice to be in a different city tomorrow, what city would it be ?
Funny you should ask! I’ve got a 4 day weekend ahead of me and I am very tempted to hop the bus to the other side of Ireland just to get away. Dingle, Ireland. That’s where I want to be.
6. A day trip to a big bustling city or a walk in the countryside?
Walk in the countryside. All day. Everyday. I love being outdoors and connect with the world around me.
7. Do you have any influences, who or what are they?
My influences are actually explorers from the Early Modern Era. Chris Columbus, Vasco de Gama, Francis Drake, Walter Raleigh. Those guys had a terribly wrong map and a tilted compass but discovered the world. They didn’t know where they were headed but landed on some of the most amazing places on the planet. Today, travelers aren’t much different. We have a map and a kind of direction but no real idea of where we will end up. We touch and feel amazing things everyday. I want to be more like those explorers from old. Unafraid to just go.
8. If you could travel back in time, where would you want to be?
Early Modern Era – England (Sorry Ireland!) This is the era of history I studied in college and fell in love. It’s from this time period that so many interesting things happen!! The Reformation, Exploration, Printing Press. It all happens then! Roughly year 1572.
9. Pictures taken from an old camera, or a modern digital camera?
Modern digital. But I am in no way a photographer! Every now and then I’ll get lucky with a cool shot, but nothing too great usually.
10. Why travel?
It’s the most educating experience a person could ever have.
11. How long did it take for you to write up this post ?
WRITE the post? Over an hour! HAHA! But I haven’t even TOUCHED adding pictures and links to this thing. Oh dear!
Ok, my 11 bloggers are below. Go give them some love! 🙂
Your questions are….
1. Where are you in the world right now and how are you finding it?!
2. What was the last thing you ate?
3. If you could have a super power, what would it be and why?
4. If you could be anyone from history for a day, who would it be and why?
5. What’s your favorite thing to do during down time?
6. How many pairs of shoes do you have?
7. What’s the weirdest travel experience you’ve had thus far?
8. What’s your mode of transport while traveling? Bus, Train, Plane, Car, or Foot?
9. How do you feel about spiders?
10. If you could go to dinner with a celebrity, who would you go with?
11. Why is your blog titled what it is?
Ready, Set, Write!