15 Things I Learned During My Study Abroad
Summer 2012, I studied abroad at the University of Stirling in Stirling, Scotland. It was my first time living abroad for any period of time, and those two months taught me more than I ever thought it would.
1. You can have your groceries delivered right to your doorstep! Thank you Tesco!!
2. Kopparberg is the best drink there is.
3. Kilts are actually really cool!
4. I do not like raw scallops.
5. It is possible to go through two rain jackets in a matter of months.
6. Haggis is actually really kind of gross and nasty no matter how you cook it.
7. The Fourth of July is definitely only celebrated in America.
8. There is no place like home.
9. Just because the road is clear now, does not mean that it will be when I go to cross it.
10. The big battle in Braveheart actually took place in this town in 1297 – Battle of Stirling Bridge
11. Bagpipes are only cool the first five minutes.
12. The Highland Games is full big burly men in kilts. 😉
13. I will never be able to fully stomach a Scottish breakfast. Baked beans? Black pudding?!
14. Sometimes, take away is the best option.
15. I would never be satisfied living abroad only once.